Thursday, October 31, 2013

Utopian/Dystopian Future

So my Utopian Future is in the form of a comic, or more specifically, manga. For some odd reason or another, I almost instantly thought of the anime club and of my ex-boyfriend/really close guy friend at home, Alex. In both cases, whenever I am with either company, most of the time is spent on the Internet watching anime episodes, so for me, technology is something that unifies people. I mean, who doesn't like watching a movie or a television show with their friends? For my friends and I, that bonding time is spend on anime. That is why I chose a mange like style for my cartoon. However, I decided not to draw it on the computer because a lot of professional manga artists draw their stories by hand on paper and send it to editors and such, but the text is generally done on the computer. So in this particular project, the only part Photoshop plays here is text, which is important, since comics do tend to run with dialogue. It was difficult to do, since even though I read a lot of manga, it was the first time I actually tried to make panels and such. Anyways, the reason the final work is not printed is because here, while a lot of manga series can be purchased in prints, many fans tend to read them online, something similar to how people will check the news online rather than purchasing a newspaper. Plus, I think that fact that it remains in the computer adds to the technology factor. To me, no matter how it evolves, the role technology plays will never truly change. Uniting us. .....wow, that sounded so cheesy....






No comments:

Post a Comment